Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dinosaur Skull.

In response to Paraknit's question... it's a dinosaur skull.



One of two, actually, that sit on the lower shelf facing each other. They came from a part work magazine that came out a few months ago, called Build a Dinosaur or some such. With each issue you got one part of your eventual dinosaur, the first part being the upper section of the skull. Like all these magazines the first one cost a paltry 99p or something, has the most exciting looking part and it's only after your kids have pestered you into buying the first three or four parts that you realise there's another ninety-six issues to go and they now cost £4.95 per issue. No, I have never succumbed to buying any of these rip-off items. But Hubby thought this section of the skull would make a great bit of war games scenery so he bought two. And there they sit. To the best of my knowledge they've never seen a game yet and I have no idea why they live on my spinning equipment shelves but they do look good and they're funny, so they can stay.

Yes I am a bit odd at times. And your point is.....?

3 comments:

Linda said...

Dinosaurs in your spinning room? What's odd about that? LOL!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

They look a little like big rustic combs, no? Could they be used in weaving at all? This all shows how much I know about these things! But, the wheel was unburied after Christmas and there is some hope the moths didn't get the roving....

Nancydrum in Canada said...

I know they are expensive, but i would really like to get these magazines - I tried to subscribe, but there are no options to mail to Canada. I can't find an email to contact them either. So disappointed.